PROFESSOR DR. ASNAWIL G. RONSING
Representative of IIIT for Philippines
Vice President and Member of the Board of Trustees of RC Al-Khwarizmi International College (RC AKIC), Marawi City, Philippines.
Former Professor and Dean, King Faisal Center for Islamic, Arabic and Asian Studies, Mindanao State University, Marawi City, Philippines.
DATE OF BIRTH: August 2, 1954
PLACE OF BIRTH: Nunungan, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- Doctor of Philosophy (in Comparative Laws): International Islamic University Malaysia, August 18, 1996.
- Master of Comparative Laws: International Islamic University Malaysia, 1992.
- Bachelor of Laws: Mindanao State University, Marawi City, Philippines, 1985.
- Bachelor of Arts in Islamic and Arabic Studies: Mindanao State University, 1978.
- Philippine Shari’ah Bar, 1993; Third Placer, with the GWA of 86.25%.
- Career Service Professional (Cultural Communities), 1989; with the general rating of 83.23%.
- Dean, King Faisal Center for Islamic, Arabic and Asian Studies, Mindanao State University, Marawi City, Philippines. 2015 – 2018.
- Professor VI of Shari’ah, Mindanao State University
- Director, Shari’ah Center, MSU, October 1997 – October 1999; 2008 to 2016
- Acting Director, Personnel Management and Training Division/ Human Resources Development Office, MSU, October 1999-2005.
- Shari’ah Bar Reviewer, 1996to present
- Education Program Specialist II: Shari’ah Center, MSU, 1989 to 1998.
- Senior Education Researcher: Shari’ah Center, MSU, 1986-1989.
- Shari’ah Law Researcher :Shari’ah Center, MSU, 1984-1986.
- Secretary: King Faisal Center, MSU, 1981-1984.
- Treasurer/Member Board of Directors, RC-AlKhwarizmi International College Foundation, Inc., 2008-present;
- Secretary/Member Board of trustees, Ibn Siena Integrated School Foundation, Inc., 1999-present;
- Practicing Shari’ah Counselor, 1996-present;
- Instructor (parttime) :Pangarungan Islamic College, 1978-1980;
- Instructor (parttime) :Pacasum College, 1978-1980
DISTINGUISHED CIVIC WORKS:
- Representative of the International Institute of Islamic Thought for Philippines, 2016 – Present.
- Consultant of the Bangsamoro Development Agency (BDA) and the United Nation Development Program on Islamic Criminal Law, 2014-2015.
- Member of the Mindanao State University Committee which drafted the draft of the Organic Act of the Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao, 1986.
- Member of the “Ulama Council for Peace in the Province of Lanao del Sur and Lanao del Norte”, 1981-1984.
- Lecturer: Special Ramadhan Program, MPI Radio Marawi, 1981-1984.
- Islamic Criminal Law (A Handbook), 2016 Edition;
- Islamic Law on Succession, 2001 Edition;
- Muslim Law on Marriage and Divorce: A Study of Islamic Law in the Philippines, 2001 Edition.